Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Welcome Home JOHN

WELCOME HOME ELDER HALDEMAN!!
My brother John just got back from him serving his mission in Kentucky. We made a quick trip down to CA for his homecoming. He gave a great talk and has grown up so much. He is saying the same thing about out boys since Jackson was only 6 months old when he left. We were also able to go to Moms Sing Noel performance that she directs while the boys hung out with Grandpa Jay. Thanks for babysitting Dad, the boys had the time of their lives!
It was fun seeing so much family this weekend since we won't be there with them for the Christmas festivities next week.



On our drive back we decided to stop and walk through the Bellagio in Vegas to see what they did for Christmas this year. (I was especially happy to just get out of the car! A 6 hour drive isn't so fun when you are 7 months prego!)


We came home to some fun, we had snow!! Carson was so excited for the snow. He put on his new "skunk coat" and went out to play in the snow at 10 PM. When they woke up, the first thing they wanted to do was play in the snow. So, the boys were out playing again at 9 AM.

7 comments:

Jen Proffit said...

It was so fun to see you last week. Next time it will have to be a longer trip so we can really hang out! Yes, I do have flashbacks of Sams for Thanksgiving. One day I want to do that with my family. Nothing like eating Thanksgiving dinner on paperplates in a motel, then going motorcycling and sitting in the hotsprings after. good times.

Emily H. said...

Wow- "John John" has grown up so much! I seriously can't think of the last time I saw him. He looks just as I remember him as a kid but much bigger. That is so great that he is home now!

tifsong said...

I am totally up for doing another photo shoot with the beautiful Burnetts! :) serious, I would love to! I also would like to see your Christmas Card that you sent out? is that possible? I mean, if you used one of my pictures. your pictures. the pictures. Haha.

Now about your blogpost! Isn't it soooo cool to see the change that comes over these RMs? Sincerely I have friends coming home like crazy and they have all grown up and grown stronger since their missions. I think Missionary work is most definitely a beautiful thing.

Anypoo you are great and I'm grateful I know you! High Five!

Anderson's said...

I had no idea you had a brother on a mission. How fun to have him home right before Christmas. Did you know we got snow here. It's crazy!

Dave and Christine said...

I am so glad you found my blog so I could find yours. I love seeing what everyone is up to.

My brother-in-law is in the MTC right now to go to the Louisville, Kentucky mission on December 23rd. One came home, one is going in.

By the way I have been trying to get Sarah to start a blog for months now. Maybe with all of us trying we can get her to start.

Mattson Family said...

We found you! OK, so I went home and finally started a blog. It's bsmattson.blogspot.com. Your pics are cute! It was fun seeing you guys. Good luck in the coming months! :)

The Mathews Family said...

Sheesh, I can't believe you are seven months prego and are finally starting to look it! Kel & Ethan had a blast in the snow as well - fun to get it here every once in a while. It sure makes it feel like Christmas, huh? Can't wait to get together after the Holidays. BTW, your Christmas card was adorable.