Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Thanksgiving and Glamis

 
We had a huge Thanksgiving fest with Grami and Papa this year.  Grami cooked amazing food as always.  She had the sister missionaries over as well.  So it was a full house.  We started the day off with a hike at Torrey Pines Beach where Hudson fell on a cactus and had huge thorns go through his jeans and into his butt.  I swear they were the size of tooth picks.  YIKES!  When we got home, I was making the mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving dinner.  While I was cooking, Hudson asked me to help glue his airplane back together.  So we got out the super glue and fixed it.  I told him to leave the plane alone for a while to dry.  About 3 minutes later he said, "mom my eye is stuck!"  I looked over and he was totally shut.  It was SUPER GLUED SHUT!!  I was upset because I told him to leave the plane alone.  Well, he did but he wanted to know what fixed his toy and touched the super glue!  So we called the emergency number.  They told us to constantly run vegetable oil on his eye and it should come apart in a few days!  At dinner, Hudson didn't like where he was sitting and happened to get the table cloth caught under him and knocked over 3 of Grami's special china plates and cracked them into pieces.  So Grami pulled out the super glue to save the day.  It was a rough day for Hudson to say the least.
We headed out to Glamis the next day after some football with some friends.   Grandpa Jay, Rob/Courtney and Summer's family were there with all sorts of toys.  The boys were in heaven riding all over the dunes.  Jackson got a little to comfortable on the quad and rolled it.  JB ran to his rescue.  Fun Thanksgiving break for sure.  Hudson's eye did come apart a few days after getting back from the desert.
 













1 comment:

Rachel said...

poor hudson, but that's pretty hilarious.