Friday, March 6, 2009

Tonsils and Adenoids are gone!

After many long nights with Jackson waking up numerous times, we found that he has sleep apnea because of his giant tonsils and adenoids. So we decided it was time to take them out so he can get some better sleep. The procedure was really fast. We went in first thing in the morning and were home for lunch. He slept most of the day but by the time dinner rolled around, he wasn't about to miss out on some chicken. He insisted on eating it even though we were offering him jello, ice cream, and pudding. He is our eater! It's been hard keeping him from exerting too much energy. He just can't stay away form the basketball hoop and loves jumping on the beds. The Dr. said the pain is the worst around day 5 so hopefully it doesn't get to hard on us in a few days. We'll see how it goes.

4 comments:

Shar said...

Poor little guy! I can't believe it was that quick! I hope that he starts sleeping better for you. You need that sleep with 3 boys!

Mattson Family said...

WOW! You guys have been busy! Hope everyone starts sleeping better. :)

Emily H. said...

I'm glad he's doing okay. What a cute boy he is! I think my Isaac and your Jackson could be great buddies! Never realized it before but I think they are close in age? Isaac turned 3 in January.

Darla said...

Oh bless this little heart. He's a sweetie. It was great seeing all you guys last week.