Saturday, March 3, 2012

pinewood derby

Carson had his first pinewood derby race this week.  We went up to visit Grandpa Steve to have him help us build Carson's car.  They spent 2 days creating, painting, and perfecting the car.  Carson was down by a handful of races when he noticed the nail/wheel was barely attached. Once we pushed it back in, he won every race. Thanks goodness he noticed the loose nail!  It was a successful and fun event! Thanks Grandpa Steve for the help.
While visiting O.C to build the pinewood derby car I took the boys to "the forest" to catch frogs.  Unfortunately I wasn't thinking about hibernating time, so we were not able to find any frogs. We made a deal to go back in the spring to try our frog catching again.  It was fun to be down there and brought back many memories from my childhood.  Ashley, Cheryl and I would ride our bike through the forest, climb down in the creek and catch frogs and tadpoles and bring them home on a bumpy bike ride.  Oh what it would be like to be a kid again!

No comments: